Sunday, July 31, 2011

Two nights of Love !....... By me, Smita Mehta and Ishani De , as a memoir to the BCL classes!

Written in the most chaotic of all situations over the past two days...
July 15th and 16th 

My car was yet again struck in a traffic snarl. My hands were pressed on the horn when my phone started to ring! I picked it up even without checking who the caller was. The voice was unknown to me but it was a relief in the chaos just the way a silent storm sounds on the sea. Even before I could have known that it was my new boss, I had already sort of fallen for the voice.

Finally I reached my office, now in a better mood, though! Everyone was staring at me, not because I and my clothes were in a mess but because disappointment and terror awaited me as ever! Soon after, I saw a message on my office desk ordering me to come into the boss's cabin. I was dreading the fact because I had reached office at 12 when I should have been there by 9 (not to mention, that I woke up at 10). I gathered up courage and entered the room and just then I heard the same voice talk about a conference to be held over the next two days for which I needed to prepare immediately!
Sitting next to my boss in the business class of the the Kingfisher, I realized that he is very good-looking and one of the most amazing persons I have ever met in my life! So I just couldn't stop conversing-
 " I am sorry, sir!" He didn't say much except the usual and the most unexpected-  " Please try to be punctual. That is the first step to success." Though I wished that he goes on and on with his stupid talks, Neel discussed nothing more than the conference!
A shocking news awaited us when we reached Switzerland six hours later. There was a huge landslide and the conference was of course postponed. We reached the hotel which was completely filled and we could manage nothing more than a single room. We changed clothes and when I came into the room I saw that Neel was sitting on the only queen-sized bed looking completely worn out and disgusted! He had been effected by the jet lag and the shocking news that both of us would have to stay locked up for two days in this horribly small hotel room gave him chills!
I heard the hailstorm outside! It gave me a sense of excitement and happiness! I was away from home and my nagging parents! I sat besides the window without any work for the first time! I had never felt so lonely before! I realized that although I was 28, I was still pretty single! I looked at Neel..... and just then the lights went off!
Neel called out- "Aisha, where are you??" I said- " I am here, besides the window." He said- "I cannot see you. Its pretty dark." "I am coming. We need a candle or even better the fire. Its cold too." I said, but sadly i stumbled over the sofa and fell down just then! I heard footsteps nearing me and soon a match was struck and for the first time my eyes met his. I had never felt so great in my life before this. The voice that I had loved since the first conversation was becoming mine at last! I knew that he did like me even though he never said so! He was single and in need for love! I could give him happiness!
The rest can be called as history of course! No, we did not marry and settle down here in Switzerland forever (that would have been heights of insanity). We just spent the two days locked up in the room!
We will marry soon and you would be the first person or thing or whatever to know about this! Till then lots of love----
Aisha


4 comments:

SHANKHA SHUBHRA DUTTA said...

...the most frightful..cum..romantic..cum...interesting..cum..happy-ending shortstory i read till date-----30/07/2011

SHANKHA SHUBHRA DUTTA said...

the transition from (traffic striken roads to office to onboard kingfisher business class to switzerland & then back)....was so fast that it can even blow off moto gp or formula 1 car race....

SHANKHA SHUBHRA DUTTA said...

conrats.......for such a beautiful story
if i make a film or documentary any day then please write the SCRIPT & SCREEN-PLAY for me...please

Ishani Dutta said...

This is supposed to be a page of Aisha's diary which she wrote about the incidents that occurred over just two days! So it ought to be fast!.... Thank u Shankha because this was just a small effort!! And I would be more than glad to write the script for u!!!